Birch Trees have been a longstanding favorite of mine. There is something so amazing and exciting about their bright white trunks with their striking black marks. Add in their gorgeous color changes to the Wisconsin landscape and it’s just a whole mood. You may not want to be in the car with me during Fall…I’m likely yelling “Look at all those gorgeous Birch Trees!!” one too many times. I’m rubbing off on my kids, because now they point them all out too. To get to create a crochet birch tree blanket was a really fun challenge for me. Even more exciting is that it came out just like I hoped it would when I pictured this in my head. I really hope to see lots of versions of this blanket. Give me all the color!
(Photo below is from a Fall hike here in Wisconsin)
GET THE BIRCH BLANKET PATTERN
Get the Birch Blanket pattern from my shop and save big when you bundle 3 or more patterns. See the codes below.
- You can find the PDF Pattern HERE
- Add this to your Ravelry Favorites: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Etsy: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Love Crafts: CLICK HERE
PATTERN DISCOUNT CODES:
- SAVE10 - Purchase 3+ Patterns and get 10% off
- SAVE15 - Purchase 5+ Patterns and get 15% off
- SAVE20 - Purchase 8+ Patterns and get 20% off
Final Dimensions: 48 inches (122 cm) wide x 48 inches (122 cm) tall (my blanket did relax a little and stretches to around 50 inches tall)
- Crochet Hook: 4.5mm/G+ – adjust your hook size if you adjust the yarn weight. I love using Furls Hooks. They are so comfortable and I don’t get stressed hands or wrists like I once did. Use the code HOOK15 for 15% off.
- Yarn: We Crochet Stroll Tweed (or Knit Picks Stroll Tweed)
- Colors Used and Yardage:
- Color A: 2 Barn Door Heather (440 yards/402 meters, 96 grams/3.4 oz)
- Color B: 3 Garnet Heather (693 yards/634 meters, 150 grams/5.4 oz)
- Color C: 2 Firecracker Heather (361 yards/330 meters, 80 grams/2.8 oz)
- Color D: 2 Persimmon Heather (283 yards/259 meters, 60 grams/2.2 oz)
- Color E: 2 Barley Heather (440 yards/402 meters, 96 grams/3.4 oz)
- White: 3 Dalmation (693 yards/634 meters, 150 grams/5.4 oz)
- Black: 1 Wellies Heather (90 yards/82 meters, 20 grams/0.7 oz)