The crochet Ivy Scarf is a free pattern here on the blog! Read on to learn about the design inspiration and all materials needed to create this crochet blanket.
This pattern is for your own personal use. No unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part (i.e. copying and pasting this pattern into your own document, altering this pattern in any way and calling it your own, etc.), or distribution of this pattern or content (i.e. sharing this pattern in its whole form on your own blog) is allowed. You can use this blog post in blog round-ups. I give permission to sell your items made from this pattern. Please credit “While They Dream” in your listings. The pattern and all photos are the property of While They Dream. You are welcome to share my patterns across all social media forms as long as you link back to my blog directly.
One of the first patterns I wrote in 2018 was the crochet Ivy Beanie. From my grief came creation. I knew that I needed to take the loss I had experienced and focus that energy into something healthy. While I may not have gotten to have that baby and watch her grow, I do have my business that I have gotten to watch grow and it’s been a very good outlet (though I’m sure you can imagine I would have much rather seen that baby grow). In 2020 I thought it was time to finally create a scarf to pair with the hat. I love how it turned out.
- Crochet Hook: 6mm/J. I love using Furls Hooks. They are so comfortable and I don’t get stressed hands or wrists like I once did.
- Yarn: 2 skeins of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn or any worsted weight – 8 oz (227g)/400 yards (366 m) used (including fringe)
FSC – Foundation Single Crochet
- SC – Single Crochet
- CH – Chain
- SK – Skip
- HDC – Half Double Crochet
- YO – Yarn Over
- ST/STS – Stitch/Stitches
- PS – Puff Stitch: YO, insert hook into specified space/stitch, YO draw up a loop. There will now be 3 loops on the hook. YO and insert hook into that same space/stitch, YO, pull up a loop. There will now be 5 loops on your hook. YO, draw through all 5 loops. Ch 1.
GET THE IVY SCARF PATTERN
Get the Ivy Scarf Hat pattern from my shop and save big when you bundle 3 or more patterns. See the codes below. The PDF pattern includes instructions for baby - adult sizes. It also includes a full photo tutorial for how to close your hat.
- You can find the PDF Pattern HERE
- Add this to your Ravelry Favorites: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Etsy: CLICK HERE
PATTERN DISCOUNT CODES:
- SAVE10 - Purchase 3+ Patterns and get 10% off
- SAVE15 - Purchase 5+ Patterns and get 15% off
- SAVE20 - Purchase 8+ Patterns and get 20% off
Want to make a matching hat? Find the blog post HERE
Setup: FSC 21 sts (alternatively you can just chain 22 and sc 21 back across for your first row).
Row 1: Ch 2, hdc in the first st, ch 1, sk 1, work 2 PS into the next st, sk 1. *Hdc in the next st, ch 1, sk 1, work 2 PS into the next st, sk 1* Repeat to the end. Hdc in the last st.
Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in the first stitch, ch 1, work 2 PS in the space between your previous 2 PS. *Hdc in the top of your hdc from the previous row, ch 1, work 2 PS in the space between your previous 2 PS* Repeat to the end. Hdc in the top of your last hdc from your previous row. (Full photo instructions are available in the ad-free PDF pattern listed in the links given before the start of this pattern).
Remainder of scarf: Repeat Row 2 until your scarf is 70 inches long (or desired length)
To finish: Sc across the final edge for 21 stitches
Fringe: Cut each piece of fringe to be 10 inches in length. You should put at least 2 pieces per stitch. Fold your 2 pieces in half and pull the loop through your stitch, then pull your 4 ends through your loop and tighten.