The Knit Diamond of Virgo Blanket is texture heaven. If you’re anything like me and you love a good textured piece, this blanket is for you. It’s the perfect throw blanket for those cold winter nights. The tiny little purl stitches coming together to create diamonds reminded me of stars, so I went looking for a constellation name. My Mom, who is a Virgo, happened to really love this blanket, so when I saw that there was a constellation named Diamond of Virgo, I thought it would be a great name for it.
Gauge: 12 sts x 15 rows in a 4 in (10 cm) x 4 in (10 cm) stockinette stitch
Finished Dimensions: 52 in (132 cm) wide by 55 in (140 cm) tall
- Needle Size: US 11/8mm 40″ circular knitting needles.
- Yarn: 1,729 yards (1581 m) of a Bulky Weight Yarn. For my blanket I used Color Made Easy from Lion Brand Yarn, but they have discontinued this yarn since this pattern was released. I would suggest substituting with either Basic Stitch Thick and Quick or Hue and Me. You could also hold two strands of Worsted Weight yarn together.
The Biggest Question I am asked on a regular basis:
Can I use a different weight of yarn? If so can you tell me how many stitches to cast on?
I designed this with a bulky weight yarn, not any other weight, therefore I cannot tell you how many stitches to cast on for other weights. You could use two strands of worsted weight held together if you can't find a suitable Bulky weight. There are 12 stitches and 15 rows in a 4 in (10 cm) square swatch done with bulky yarn. The stitch repeat is a repeat of 10, plus an additional 3. The border requires 3 extra stitches for each side. If you chose to use a lighter weight yarn you would need to figure out how many stitches per inch are in your 4 inch swatch and multiply that number by the width you want your blanket. For example: Let's say your stitches per inch are 5. If you wanted to make a blanket that was 50 inches wide (this divides by 5 evenly) and no larger, round down (because you're going to need to add extra stitches for those border stitches) to 5 stitches multiplied by 48 inches. That gives you 240 cast on stitches. Add an extra 9 stitches for the extra 6 for the border, plus the extra 3 you need for the main body of the blanket. This cast on will get you to that 50 inch mark.
GET THE DIAMOND OF VIRGO BLANKET
Get the Diamond of Virgo Blanket pattern from my shop and save big when you bundle 3 or more patterns. See the codes below.
- You can find the PDF Pattern HERE
- Add this to your Ravelry Favorites: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Etsy: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Love Crafts HERE
- Get the pattern at Annie's Craft Store HERE
PATTERN DISCOUNT CODES:
- SAVE10 - Purchase 3+ Patterns and get 10% off
- SAVE15 - Purchase 5+ Patterns and get 15% off
- SAVE20 - Purchase 8+ Patterns and get 20% off