A beginner-friendly knit blanket - The Camper Blanket - is a free pattern here on the blog! Read on to learn about the design inspiration and all materials needed to create this crochet blanket.
This pattern is for your own personal use. No unauthorized reproduction, in whole or in part (i.e. copying and pasting this pattern into your own document, altering this pattern in any way and calling it your own, etc.), or distribution of this pattern or content (i.e. sharing this pattern in its whole form on your own blog) is allowed. You can use this blog post in blog round-ups. I give permission to sell your items made from this pattern. Please credit “While They Dream” in your listings. The pattern and all photos are the property of While They Dream. You are welcome to share my patterns across all social media forms as long as you link back to my blog directly.
The Camper Blanket was inspired by my Grandparents' camper that we used every Summer to take a week long camping trip. This blanket reminds me of Summer nights, bonfires, night games, and card games with friends and family. Knit your own super easy, beginner friendly blanket in colors that bring you fond memories.
Finished Dimensions: 48 inches (122 cm) wide by 60 inches (152 cm) long.
- Needle Size: US 15/10 mm, 55 inch (140 cm) circular needles
- Yarn Used: Lion Brand Thick and Quick (Weight 6/Super Bulky Weight yarn)
- Yarn Colors and Amounts:
- Color A: Fisherman – 4 skeins or 23oz/652g (405yds/372m)
- Color B: Claret – 2 skeins or 11oz/300g (194yds/171m)
- Color C: Flax – 2 skeins or 10oz/280g (176yds/160m)
Gauge: 8 stitches x 12 rows in a 4-inch (10 cm) x 4-inch (10 cm) stockinette swatch.
- CO - Cast on
- BO - Bind off
- K - Knit
- P - Purl
GET THE CAMPER BLANKET PATTERN
Get the Camper Blanket pattern from my shop and save big when you bundle 3 or more patterns. See the codes below.
- You can find the PDF Pattern HERE
- Get the Camper Blanket Kit from Lion Brand Yarn HERE
- Add this to your Ravelry Favorites: CLICK HERE
- Grab the PDF Pattern on Love Crafts: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Etsy: CLICK HERE
PATTERN DISCOUNT CODES:
- SAVE10 - Purchase 3+ Patterns and get 10% off
- SAVE15 - Purchase 5+ Patterns and get 15% off
- SAVE20 - Purchase 8+ Patterns and get 20% off
With Color A: CO 91 sts
Row 1 (WS): *P1, K1* until 1 stitch remains. P1.
Row 2 (RS): *K1, P1* until one stitch remains. K1.
Row 3 (WS): Repeat Row 1
Row 4 (RS): *P1, K1* two times. K to last 4 sts. *K1, P1* two times.
Row 5 (WS): *P1, K1* two times. P to last 4 sts. *K1, P1* two times.
Repeat Rows 4 and 5 for 14 more rows
Rows 20 – 25 (Color B Stripe): Cut Color A and switch to Color B. Repeat Rows 4 and 5 for 6 rows.
Rows 26 – 28 (Color A Stripe): Cut Color B and switch to Color A. Repeat Rows 4 and 5 for 3 rows.
Rows 29 – 34 (Color C Stripe): Cut Color A and switch to Color C. Repeat Rows 5 and 4 for 6 rows.
Rows 35 – 37 (Color A Stripe): Cut Color C and switch to Color A. Repeat Rows 5 and 4 for 3 rows.
Repeat Rows 20 – 37 six more times.
Repeat Rows 20 – 25 once more.
Cut Color B and switch to Color A.
Knit 16 rows in Color A.
For your last 3 Rows: Repeat Row 1 three times.
Bind off purl-wise (if you’ve done all of your rows the correct number of times you’ll be on your wrong side).