The inspiration behind designing the Winter Bees knit cable blanket came to me back in the late Spring of 2020. I absolutely love bees and I love cables and I wanted to combine them. This was my first time ever knitting the honeycomb knit stitch and it was quite fun to watch them come to life.
Did you know there is a special female worker bee, born in the late Fall, that can survive for approximately 6 months? This is a very old bee. These bees are extra fat and remain in the hive to care for their Queen throughout the Winter. They also keep the hive warm throughout the Winter months. These are the bees that ensure the colony survives and new bees can be born in the Spring.
Finished Dimensions: Approximately 48 inches (123 cm) wide and 52
inches(132 cm) tall after wet blocking and laying flat to dry.
Gauge: 2.5 stitches per inch in stockinette stitch
- Needle Size: US 15/10mm 60″ circular knitting needles. You will also need a cable needle or an extra double pointed needle to hold your cable stitches as you work them.
- Yarn: 11 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in the color "Fisherman" or any Super Bulky yarn. You will need 63 oz (1785g) / 1,113 yds (1,019 m)
GET THE WINTER BEES BLANKET PATTERN
Get the Winter Bees Blanket pattern from my shop and save big when you bundle 3 or more patterns. See the codes below. The PDF pattern has more details about how you could enlarge this blanket if you have a need to. It also includes check boxes for a convenient way to keep track of what row you are working on.
- Get the kit for this blanket from Lion Brand Yarn HERE
- You can find the PDF Pattern HERE
- Add this to your Ravelry Favorites: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern on Etsy: CLICK HERE
- Get the pattern from Annie's Craft Store HERE
- Get the pattern on Love Crafts: CLICK HERE
PATTERN DISCOUNT CODES:
- SAVE10 - Purchase 3+ Patterns and get 10% off
- SAVE15 - Purchase 5+ Patterns and get 15% off
- SAVE20 - Purchase 8+ Patterns and get 20% off